I updated this post July 2018 to reflect changes LinkedIn has made this year.
Every 6 months I back up my profile & contacts. I suggest you do too, you’d really hate to lose all this hard work you’ve put in, wouldn’t you?
Remember, you do not OWN LinkedIn and should protect your investment of time.
- Go to your Profile Page.
- Select the MORE button next to “Add profile section” (see screenshot below)
- Select “Save to PDF”
- Save it somewhere safe 🙂
Save it 🙂 It is a PDF that you could use to replicate all your text if needed.
CONTACTS BACKUP. (this can include all your posts, recommendations, and more).
- Click on your picture where you logout (upper right)
- Select SETTINGS & PRIVACY
- Click on PRIVACY along the top Menu bar (see screenshot below)
- Scroll down to the section called “How LinkedIn uses your data”.
- Click on DOWNLOAD YOUR DATA
Sleep well knowing you’re hard work and connections have been saved.
Jim Peacock is the Principal at Peak-Careers Consulting and writes a monthly newsletter for career practitioners. Peak-Careers offers discussion-based online seminars for career practitioners focused on meeting continuing education needs for CCSP, GCDF and BCC certified professionals as well as workshops for career practitioners and individual career coaching.
Sign up here to receive my TOP 10 TIPS WHEN WORKING WITH AN UNDECIDED PERSON. You can also receive the career practitioners newsletter which includes a variety of career topics, industry news, interesting events, and more.