Jim provides practical, holistic training in a variety of topics. Or work with him to customize a training to fit your specific needs—from an intensive, one-day training to a set of sessions over several days. Jim can also provide online follow-up for his live, on-site, interactive professional development sessions.
As a career counselor, academic advisor, CDF instructor and Happenstance Theory specialist, Jim is uniquely qualified to deliver high-value, practical and holistic career services training in live, interactive settings.
Choose from training topics such as:
- Understanding Transitions
- Practical strategies for using the Happenstance Theory of career counseling
- The “magic of card sorts” using skills, values, passions, obstacles, majors, interest cards sorts
- Using the Holland Code theory to help clients and students choose college majors or careers
- Quality online resources to support success for your advisees and clients
- LinkedIn training for content and strategy
Or work with Jim to customize a training to fit the specific needs of your staff— from an intensive, one-day training to a set of sequential, comprehensive sessions over several days.
He can also provide online follow-up for all live professional development.
Ask about scheduling Jim for your next training event.
A veteran speaker and engaging presenter, Jim has also delivered inspiring and engaging speeches to dozens of groups, including parent-high school student events at colleges, Adult Education program graduations, educational honorary ceremonies and numerous educational conferences.
Find out more about bringing Jim to speak for your group or event.
Past Conference Presentations
Some of Jim’s past presentations include:
- Happenstance Happens: How We Can Help Our Clients Choose Majors or Occupations Using Happenstance
- Helping Clients Navigate Their Transitions
- The Magic of Card Sorts in Career Advising
- Can an ENFP Be a Forester?
- How to Choose a Major by Accident
- Providing Quality—and Affordable—Career Services for Your Clients
- Using Career Assessments to Help Clients Choose a Career or Major
- Understanding How Career Development is Connected to Academic Advising
- Career Advising Case Studies: Solving the Case
- An Introduction to the Holland Code
- An Introduction to a Results-based, 10-Step Program Planning Process
Some of the recipients of Jim’s training, consulting and speaking:
- Minnesota Career Development Association
- Wisconsin Career Development Association
- Rhode Island Career Development Association
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), Region 1
- Johnson State College in Vermont
- Mid Atlantic Career Counseling Association
- Maine Adult Education Association
- Maine Career Development Association (MCDA)
- Vermont regional [email protected] Green Mountain College
- MELMAC Education Foundation grant awardees
- New England Educational Opportunity Association (NEOA)
- TRIO Regional Conference