How To Successfully Work With Recruiters –
The New Secret Sauce
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
12:00 pm (EST) * 11:00 am (CEN) * 10:00 am (MNT) *
9:00 am (PAC) * 2:00 pm (GMT)
Presenter: Tom Colosimo
Many people get frustrated when working with a recruiter for their job search. We will discuss what makes people frustrated when working with recruiters. Is it the approach or setting false or unachievable expectations? Are their goals and processes not discussed for a clear plan/process upfront? What can career coaches do to help their clients find the best recruiter for their needs?
- Describe how to determine which recruiters are the best for their clients
- Coach their clients on how to engage and establish accepted guidelines to work with different types of recruiters which will allow for better communication and higher possibilities of successful job placement and interviews.
- Define differences between types of recruiters (3rd Party and Corporate) and how they manage their client (Internal or External) and candidate base.
- Describe how to respond to recruiters when requests for interviews or updates happen and how to follow up with recruiters
- Define key elements of what recruiters want when working with career coaches
- Develop a clear focus on what your needs/wants are that will drive the partnership in an effective and efficient manner resulting in better feedback and engagements with recruiters for a higher probability of successful job placement.
- Describe how to manage and maintain relations with recruiters and the processes they use.
Learn how to work with recruiters from a person who has been a recruiter and is a career coach.
Tom Colosimo is a Career Architect/Coach. He prides himself as being a ‘master connector’ for networking and helping people connect with people for success. Tom is not your typical career coach/advisor. Along the way, Tom has been an accountant within manufacturing, retail, and banking compliance for over 20 years. He then went on to be a third-party recruiter for 6 years doing ‘match-making’ within the finance, accounting, marketing, engineering, and technology areas of focus. Tom also has worked within large companies such as Wells Fargo as a contract corporate recruiter utilizing major ATS talent tracking systems.
Tom worked for 8 years at the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business as a Graduate Career Coach/Corporate Relations Manager for the business programs on the Minneapolis Campus. In this role, Tom excelled at making many corporate connections for the MBA students, bring hundreds of corporate partners to the campus for internships, and perm placements.
Currently, Tom speaks regionally for the PMI (Project Manager Institute), workforce centers and other professional and community groups on the topics of networking, working with recruiters, LinkedIn and resume development. He is active within community Adult Education programs as well as 3 local universities and with Best Prep and Junior Achievement within local high schools. Tom also works with Human Capital Partners as a career architect assisting people who have recently been laid off from major companies in the Twin Cities area.
Tom enjoys sailing in the summer on the St. Croix River in Minnesota and playing music year-round. He lives in Oakdale, MN with his wife Barb. They have two adult daughters; Anna and Emily.