WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: This seminar addresses the three major components of LinkedIn.
- Creating a powerful profile
- Building a quality network
- Engaging with one’s connections.
The seminar is hands-on, with short current articles written by the instructor and other LinkedIn authorities, and videos to reinforce the lessons. It is interactive, you will review your profile, learn how to actively connect with 10-15+ LinkedIn members per week, engage with people on LinkedIn, and more. You will be evaluated on your discussions and work you do on LinkedIn.
BONUS: You will receive a half an hour LinkedIn profile critique from either Bob McIntosh or Jim Peacock, both of whom have reviewed hundreds of profiles over the years and presented to many organizations. This alone is valued at $150.
WHY THIS SEMINAR IS ESSENTIAL: As a career coach, advisor, or career service provider, it is critical that you have a strong profile and a good understanding of how to use LinkedIn in career development. This seminar is designed to empower you to teach your students/clients how to better understand the power of LinkedIn in career development.
Things Career Related (My blog)
Watch this short video with the instructor:
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS SEMINAR
This class is the gift that keeps on giving! I use the strategies and tips from this class weekly. (usually daily). It taught me to be intentional about my use of LinkedIn. Thank you Jim for providing the forum for Bob to share his knowledge! Belinda Wilkerson, Steps to the Future, former student.
“Bob’s expertise regarding LinkedIn is second to none. He is always looking for ways to leverage the platform for the benefit of his clients and his approachable style makes it easy to work with him and understand what he is saying. Bob can definitely help you to improve your online profile through LinkedIn and position you for your next career move.” Ray Giese, former student.
Date(s): Feb 4 – Mar 11, 2023
Instructor: Bob McIntosh
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: 15 hours
Recertification hours: Peak-Careers is an NCDA approved provider. Also meets CCE approval for GCDF
Each participant will be able to:
- Describe the importance of having a full profile that promotes themselves
- Identify at least four things that make strong profile
- Participate in a LinkedIn profile critique on the Zoom platform
- Describe three reasons why you build an online network of people who have similar interests
- Describe at least two ways to reach out to unknown LinkedIn members
- List three different ways to find potential connections and then connect with at least ten people
- Engage with connections in their network by commenting on their connections’ posts, sharing articles, initiating their own posts, asking questions and following up, etc.
- Explain the importance of hashtags and how to use them to classify contributions
- Describe how to tag people in your posts and why you would tag people
- Identify at least four websites to continue their, and their clients, education
Week Zero: Introductions and becoming comfortable with the Canvas LMS
Week 1: All participants will be able to explain their experience using LinkedIn: how often they use it, their purpose for using it, how it will help their clients.
Week 2: Identify all sections of the LinkedIn profile and they will participate in a profile critique.
Week 3: Participants will learn about building a LinkedIn network.
Week 4: Participants will learn about the third component of a successful LinkedIn campaign, engaging on LinkedIn. They’ll learn that there’s a difference between being active and engaging on LinkedIn.
Week 5: Participants will summarize what they’ve learned about the three components of LinkedIn, creating a strong profile, connecting with LinkedIn users, and engaging on LinkedIn.
Interactive online seminar on discussion boards with career professionals like you. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings, and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and are open for 7 days. You may log in and post discussions at times convenient to you. I only ask that you post initially each week by Wednesday so that the discussion can continue all week.
All articles are provided.
Must have Internet access with the ability to read Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files and the ability to view video (primarily YouTube videos).
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- If you cancel, and have paid thru PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.