OUR NEWEST SEMINAR!
This seminar dives into the different social media platforms and how career practitioners can use them to support clients, attract new clients, and market their business or grow their brand. We’ll specifically explore Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Each week we’ll discuss important aspects of each platform. You’ll also practice and test different strategies based on the platform and type of outcome desired.
INSTRUCTOR: Hannah Morgan, “Career Sherpa”
Date(s): April 2, 2022 – May 7, 2022
Instructor: Hannah Morgan
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: 15 hours
Recertification hours: Peak-Careers is an NCDA approved provider
Course Fee: $419
Limited to 10 to produce the best online discussions
Learning Objectives. Each participant will be able to:
- Identify the key sections of a profile on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Describe the Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook platforms and what demographics are best served on each
- Describe the importance of brand building content on social media
- Post at least once each week on two of the three platforms
- Identify at least 3 influencers/industry experts to follow on social
- List at least 3 tools for creating visual content on social media
- Comment, Share, and Like to engage with people on social media
- Describe how to schedule and organize posts
- Describe how to evaluate the return on investment
Week 1: Building your profile on at least two of the three platforms
Week 2: Brand building and posting on FB, Twitter and Instagram
Week 3: Growing your following
Week 4: Engaging and commenting (posts, shares, likes, discussions)
Week 5: Scheduling and analytics / Pulling it all together / Integrating into your practice
Format: Interactive, online discussion with career professionals. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings, and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and remain open for 1 week. You may log in and post at any times convenient for you. I only ask that you please post your initial response by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday so that the discussion can continue for the entire week.
- All assignments must be completed on time
- All participants must actively participate in the weekly discussions on line, posting and replying to at least one other person
- REACTION PAPER: Due within 2 weeks of completion of online portion of the class
- Technology requirements: Internet access, ability to read MS Word documents & Adobe PDF files, ability to view video (primarily using YouTube)
ASSESSMENT OF COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- Evaluation will be made of the quality of the discussion in the class. All participants will post in each forum discussion. Participants are expected to be active in the online exchange of information, perspectives, and experiences.
- Must reply to at least one other person in the seminar in each discussion
Final paper due with in two weeks of completion of class.
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- Full refunds (minus a 3% PayPal fee for credit card payments) will be issued for cancellations requested at least a week in advance.
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.