OUR NEWEST SEMINAR!
This seminar shows career practitioners how to use Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to support clients, attract new clients, and market their business or grow their brand. We’ll specifically explore Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. You’ll practice and test different strategies based on the platform and type of outcome desired. Seventy-two percent of Americans say they use social media sites according to Pew Research. Plus more recruiters use social media to attract potential candidates. Learn how you and your clients can use these sites to grow personal brand awareness, uncover opportunities, and find information.
INSTRUCTOR: Hannah Morgan, “Career Sherpa”
Watch this short video with the instructor:
“Wonderful course! I’ve learned so much! I especially appreciated learning about Facebook post scheduler, social media content calendar, and visual content tools.”
“I will use this to enhance my social media presence and I will also see where some of this might be helpful to my students active on social media.This course demonstrates that no matter how much you think you know, there’s always something new to learn.
This course is an investment in my professional development and I feel I received a great return on my investment.”
Belinda J. Wilkerson
Date(s): February 4 – March 11, 2023
Instructor: Hannah Morgan
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: 15 hours
Recertification hours: Peak-Careers is an NCDA-approved provider. Also meets CCE approval for GCDF
Course Fee: $419
Limited to 10 to produce the best online discussions
Learning Objectives. Each participant will be able to:
- Understand which platforms are being used and by what demographic
- Learn how to reshare brand-building content on social media
- How to find influencers/industry experts to follow on social media
- Tips and tools for creating visual content on social media
- Identify the key sections of a profile on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- How to engage with people on social media
- Participate in one Twitter chat, Facebook Live or Instagram Live
- Experience the value of Facebook Groups and a Business Page
Week 1: Where to find your audience
Week 2: Analyze branded profiles on FB, Twitter and Instagram
Week 3: Social media campaigns for personal brand building
Week 4: Networking on social media (posts, shares, discussions)
Week 5: Pulling it all together / integrating into your practice
Format: Interactive, online discussion with career professionals. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings, and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and remain open for 1 week. You may log in and post at any times convenient for you. I only ask that you please post your initial response by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday so that the discussion can continue for the entire week.
- All assignments must be completed on time
- All participants must actively participate in the weekly discussions online, posting and replying to at least one other person
- REACTION PAPER: Due within 2 weeks of completion of online portion of the class
- Technology requirements: Internet access, ability to read MS Word documents & Adobe PDF files, ability to view video (primarily using YouTube)
ASSESSMENT OF COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- Evaluation will be made of the quality of the discussion in the class. All participants will post in each forum discussion. Participants are expected to be active in the online exchange of information, perspectives, and experiences.
- Must reply to at least one other person in the seminar in each discussion
- Final paper due with in two weeks of completion of class.
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- If you cancel, and have paid thru PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.