Be a Certified Career Professional – Classes in New England & On Zoom
If you are a career practitioner interested in becoming a trained, certified career professional—and you live in the Maine/New England area—this class is for you. You can zoom video-conference in from anywhere!
Successful completion of this approved Facilitating Career Development (FCD) course qualifies you to apply for national certification as a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) and a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP). Recognized worldwide, these credentials are one of the few certifications available for people who provide career advising and counseling. You can also use this class towards the Certified Career Counselor (CCC) credential.
Instructor: Jim Peacock
Participation: 5 months (5 live classes / online in between)
Contact Hours: 120 contact hours (NCDA approved course)
Course Fee: $1,350. (Includes textbook)
College Credits Available: 3 graduate or undergraduate course credits are available for an additional $375
Note: Approved by VSAC for the Vermont Non-Degree Grants
What Makes Our Classes Unique?
Jim brings perspective from over 10 years as a school counselor, 12 years as a Director of Advising & Career at the community college, and also working part-time at two liberal arts colleges here in Maine.
He also had many years of career coaching and out-placement experience as well.
This is a very practical class adapted to make your experience personalized.
Jim has been teaching online since 2002 and makes your online experience easy for you.
Your Facilitating Career Development (FCD) book is included as well as a set of Skills Card Sorts (e-version if you are not in the USA).
Do You Have a Group Interested in Training?
We are open to providing an FCD class to meet your needs. If you have at least ten people who would like this course delivered at a time and location that would work for you, please contact me.”I am very fortunate to have recently completed GCDF training with Jim Peacock. He is a wonderful instructor who is engaging, fun, and extremely knowledgeable about career development. As a trainer, Jim gives you the opportunity to explore your ideas and apply your skills to real-world situations immediately.”– Autumn Grant, Academic Advisor Northeastern University
TO REGISTER: Choose the tab below for the class you want.
Live Class Schedule for the Maine course 2021-2022
NOTE: Below dates are for Fall 2021 / Winter 2022.
Note: The online portion of the class begins Monday October 4th
All times will be 8:30am – 12:30 pm
CLASS 1: Thursday October 21 & Friday October 22
CLASS 2: Thursday November 18 & Friday November 19
CLASS 3: Thursday November 16 & Friday December 17
CLASS 4: Thursday January 20 & Friday, January 21, 2022
CLASS 5: Thursday March 10 & Friday March 11, 2022
Note: The online portion of the class continues 2 weeks after the final “live” class. March 25
Location of On-Site Classes
Location for the Maine class: Currently we will still be totally on zoom video-conference platform. If you would like to host the “live” classes I offer a discounted registration. Email me for details. JimPeacock @Peak-Careers.com
People off-site can video-conference in for the live classes.
If you have at least 10 people who are interested in this certification class, I am willing to bring it to you almost anywhere in New England. Contact me and let’s discuss options.
*Participants are required to attend all five (5) live classes for course completion. Instructor reserve the right to modify the dates as needed.
Live Class Schedule – 2022
*Until Covid-19 is under control we will be doing all “live” classes via zoom.
If possible, we will hold live classes at the Comfort Inn, White River Junction, VT. Because some people are likely to be “zooming in” I have designed the classes to be done in four – hour segments over two days.
Note: The online portion of the class begins April 5.
CLASS 1: Thursday April 15 1-5pm and Friday April 16 8:30-12:30pm
CLASS 2: Thursday May 12th from 1-5 /Friday May 13 8:30 – 12:30pm
CLASS 3: Tuesday, June 7th from 1-5 and Wednesday, June 8th from 8:30-12:30 pm
(NOTE: We change to mid-week so people can still have long weekends in the summer)
CLASS 4: Tuesday, July 12th from 1-5 pm and Wednesday, July 13th from 8:30-12:30 pm
CLASS 5: Tuesday, August 16th from 1-5 pm and Wednesday, August 17th from 8:30-12:30
Note: The online portion of the class continues 2 weeks after the final “live” class.
**3 graduate or undergraduate credits available for an additional $375**
Location of On-Site Classes
Location for the New Hampshire/Vermont class: (If possible)
- “Live class” – Comfort Inn 802-735-0134 56 Ralph Lehman Dr. White River Junction VT
- Don’t live in New England? Video-conference using zoom from your home or office
NOTE: If you have at least 10 people who are interested in this certification class, I am willing to bring it to you almost anywhere in New England. Contact me and let’s discuss options.
*Participants are required to attend all five (5) live classes for course completion. Instructors reserve the right to modify the dates as needed.
By the end of the Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Course, participants will show proficiency in the 12 FCD Competencies (formerly known as CDF) established by the National Career Development Association:
- Helping Skills – Be proficient in the basic career facilitating process, including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources – Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources.
- Assessment – Comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations – Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues – Follow the FCD code of ethics and know current legislative requirements.
- Career Development Models – Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills – Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers – Prepare and develop materials for training programs and demonstrations.
- Program Management/Implementation – Understand career development programs and their implementation and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations – Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology – Comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation – Accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants and supervisors.
Who The FCD (formerly known as CDF) Training Course Is For
If you are a career practitioner interested in becoming a trained, certified career professional—and you live in the Maine/New England area—this class is for you.
You’ll develop the skills to meet GCDF and CCSP credentialing requirements for jobs in many different sectors. And you’ll be more attractive to prospective employers because they know you have met national standards and have developed a clearly defined scope of practice. To find out more about the GCDF and CCSP certification can help you, visit the NCDA website or read this.
Past participants have come from a variety of work settings, including:
- Department of Labor Career Centers
- Academic Advising (professional staff & faculty)
- Middle & Secondary School Counseling
- Adult Education departments
- High School School-to-Work programs
- College Career Centers
- Workforce Development agencies
- Welfare-to-Work programs
- Military outplacement programs
- Corporate Human Resources departments
- Career Preparation programs
- Anyone who provides career services/information to others…You!
The 120-hour class meets a little over 5 months to prepare you for success in the growing field of career development. This course combines face-to-face training with e-learning to give you the skills you need to work in any type of career development setting.
You’ll spend five (5) days interacting with your instructor and peers in a live classroom setting. The remainder of the class is a combination of engaging online learning, discussions, and fieldwork.
Your course instructor, Jim Peacock, believes that face-to-face discussions are critical to a deeper understanding of the FCD competencies. In 2002, Jim Peacock and Cathy Van Dyke developed the first hybrid course approved by the CCE. Since then, Peak-Careers Consulting has delivered the class to more than 200 career professionals.
NCDA-certified instructor, Jim has over 25+ years of success in the career development field and skilled in interactive instruction and e-learning.
To find out more about Jim, view his bio.
The FCD Student Manual (included with course fee).
Must have Internet access with the ability to read Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files and ability to view video (primarily YouTube videos).
Payment is due in full one month prior to the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. Save $100 by paying two months in advance using Promo Code: EARLYBIRD.
Contact Jim for other payment plan options.
All requests for refunds must be received, in writing. E-mail is preferred.
Requests more than 6 weeks before class begins, 100% refund** except credit cards (see below).
- *For Credit Card purchases only. Minus the PayPal fee (~3% fee)
If Peak-Careers cancels the class, a full refund will be granted.
Less than 6 weeks, refund of 50% of total cost of the class.
Once class begins no refunds. Class beginning is defined as the day we begin the online portion of the FCD class.
Jim’s CDF course was amazing. I learned a great deal about the labor market, the economy and counseling techniques. I also got hands-on experience and after each class, I returned to my campus and applied the new learning immediately!