Be a Certified Career Professional
If you are a career practitioner interested in becoming a trained, certified career professional—this class is for you. You can zoom video-conference in from anywhere!
Successful completion of this approved Facilitating Career Development (FCD) course qualifies you to apply for national certification as a Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP) and a Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF). Recognized worldwide, these credentials are one of the few certifications available for people who provide career advising and counseling. You can also use this class towards the Certified Career Counselor (CCC) credential.
Note: Approved by VSAC for the Vermont Non-Degree Grants
What Makes Our Classes Unique?
Jim brings perspective from over 10 years as a school counselor, 12 years as a Director of Advising & Career at the community college, and also working part-time at two liberal arts colleges here in Maine.
He also had many years of career coaching and outplacement experience as well.
This is a very practical class adapted to make your experience personalized.
Jim has been teaching online since 2002 and makes your online experience easy for you.
Included in the course fee are a set of Skills Card Sorts (e-version if you are not in the USA) and a copy of Jim’s book, A Field Guide for Career Practitioners. We also bring in guest speakers on the diversity competency and a speaker from the Dept. of Labor for labor market information.
Do You Have a Group Interested in Training?
We are open to providing an FCD class to meet your needs. If you have at least ten people who would like this course delivered at a time and location that would work for you, please contact me.
“I am very fortunate to have recently completed GCDF training with Jim Peacock. He is a wonderful instructor who is engaging, fun, and extremely knowledgeable about career development. As a trainer, Jim gives you the opportunity to explore your ideas and apply your skills to real-world situations immediately.”– Autumn Grant, Academic Advisor Northeastern University
TO REGISTER: Choose the tab below for the class you want.
October 9, 2023 – March 7, 2024
Live Class Schedule – 2023
All “live” classes are on Zoom.
Note: The online portion of the class begins Monday, October 9, 2023.
All live zoom-class times below are 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (Eastern Time Zone)
CLASS 1 (2 half-days): Thursday, October 19 & Friday, October 20
CLASS 2 (2 half-days): Thursday, November 16 & Friday, November 17
CLASS 3 (2 half-days): Thursday, December 14 & Friday, December 15
Six weeks off for the holidays
CLASS 4 (2 half-days): Thursday, January 25 & Friday, January 26
CLASS 5 (2 half-days): Thursday, February 22 & Friday, February 23
Note: The online portion of the class continues 2 weeks after the final live class; on March 7.
**3 graduate or undergraduate credits available for an additional $435** (checks only)
Register now to save your seat!
If you have at least 10 people who are interested in this certification class, I am willing to bring it to you almost anywhere in New England. Contact me and let’s discuss options.
*Participants are required to attend all ten (10) live classes for course completion. Instructor reserve the right to modify the dates as needed.
Live Class Schedule – 2024
Note: The online portion of the class begins Monday, April 8, 2024.
*I move to Wednesday and Thursday in the summer to allow for people to schedule long weekends.
All “Zoom-live” times below are 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (Eastern Time Zone)
CLASS 1 (2 half-days): Thursday, April 18 & Friday, April 19
CLASS 2: (2 half-days) Thursday, May 16 & Friday, May 17
CLASS 3: (2 half-days) *Wednesday, June 12 & Thursday, June 13
CLASS 4: (2 half-days) *Wednesday, July 17 & Thursday, July 18
CLASS 5: (2 half-days) *Wednesday, August 14 & Thursday, August 15
Note: The online portion of the class continues 2 weeks after the final “live” class. August 30.
**3 graduate or undergraduate credits available for an additional $435** (checks only)
Location of On-Site Classes
- Video-conference using zoom from your home or office
Register Now to save your seat!
Class dates are: April 8 – August 30, 2024
Pay by Feb 12 and save $100!
NOTE: If you have at least 10 people who are interested in this certification class, I am willing to bring it to you almost anywhere in New England. Contact me and let’s discuss options.
*Participants are required to attend all five (5), live classes, for course completion. Instructors reserve the right to modify the dates as needed.
By the end of the Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Course, participants will show proficiency in the 12 FCD Competencies (formerly known as CDF) established by the National Career Development Association:
- Helping Skills – Be proficient in the basic career facilitating process, including productive interpersonal relationships.
- Labor Market Information and Resources – Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources.
- Assessment – Comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
- Diverse Populations – Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
- Ethical and Legal Issues – Follow the FCD code of ethics and know current legislative requirements.
- Career Development Models – Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age and ethnic background.
- Employability Skills – Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
- Training Clients and Peers – Prepare and develop materials for training programs and demonstrations.
- Program Management/Implementation – Understand career development programs and their implementation and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
- Promotion and Public Relations – Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
- Technology – Comprehend and use career development computer applications.
- Consultation – Accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants and supervisors.
Who The FCD (formerly known as CDF) Training Course Is For
If you are a career practitioner interested in becoming a trained, certified career professional—and you live in the Maine/New England area—this class is for you.
You’ll develop the skills to meet CCSP and GCDF credentialing requirements for jobs in many different sectors. And you’ll be more attractive to prospective employers because they know you have met national standards and have developed a clearly defined scope of practice. To find out more about the CCSP and GCDF certification can help you, visit the NCDA website or read this.
Past participants have come from a variety of work settings, including:
- Academic Advising (professional staff & faculty)
- Middle & Secondary School Counseling
- Adult Education departments
- High School School-to-Work programs
- College Career Centers
- Department of Labor Career Centers
- Workforce Development agencies
Book: Facilitating Career Development Training and Certification Program Student Manual, Revised 4th Edition, published by NCDA, 2020. Please purchase the book prior to the start of the class. The $100 certification application fee is included with the cost of both the print and online editions.
**Payment is due a full month prior to the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. Please contact Jim for payment plan options.**
- All requests for refunds must be received in writing. Email is preferred.
- Requests more than two weeks before class begins, 100% refund **If you have paid through PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees.**
- Less than two weeks, refund of 50% of the total cost of the class.
- Once class begins no refunds.
- Class beginning is defined as the day we begin the online portion of the FCD class (not the first live session).
Payment is due in full one month prior to the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made with the instructor. Save $100 by paying two months in advance using Promo Code: EARLYBIRD.
Contact Jim for other payment plan options.
All requests for refunds must be received in writing. Email is preferred.
Requests received more than 2 weeks before class begins, 100% refund ** If you have paid thru PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees**
If Peak-Careers cancels the class, a full refund will be granted.
Less than 2 weeks, refund of 50% of total cost of the class.
Once class begins no refunds. Class beginning is defined as the day we begin the online portion of the FCD class.
Textbook: Facilitating Career Development, Student Manual, most recent edition; available for purchase through the NCDA website.
Must have internet access with the ability to read Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files and ability to view video (primarily YouTube videos).
Jim’s CDF course was amazing. I learned a great deal about the labor market, the economy and counseling techniques. I also got hands-on experience and after each class, I returned to my campus and applied the new learning immediately!