This seminar is designed to help participants gain a new perspective on retirement. Participants will learn new ways to view retirement opportunities from a coaching perspective and evaluate their current life satisfaction in the ten life areas.
Additionally, participants will develop strategies for dealing with physical, emotional, social, and psychological health and well-being. They will also analyze and learn about potential barriers their clients may face in this next phase of life.
Lastly, participants will learn how to reframe retirement as an opportunity for growth and development. As a result, participants will come away with an action plan to enhance their life, as well as the knowledge to help their clients make the most of their retirement.
INSTRUCTOR: Mark Danaher
Date(s): June 24 – July 29, 2023
Instructor: Mark Danaher
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: 15 hours
Recertification hours: Peak-Careers is an NCDA-approved provider
Course Fee: $419
Limited to 10 to produce the best online discussions
All participants will be able to:
- Define three new ways to view retirement opportunities from a coaching perspective.
- Evaluate your current life satisfaction around ten life areas and develop an action plan to enhance your life.
- Develop strategies for dealing with physical, emotional, social, and psychological health and well-being.
- Analyze and describe potential barriers your clients may face in this next phase of life.
- Examine how to reframe retirement as an opportunity for growth and development.
Week 1 – What is Your View of Retirement
Week 2 – 10 Areas of Life Satisfaction
Week 3 – Reframing Retirement as Growth/Opportunity
Week 4 – Dealing with Your Health and Well-Being
Week 5 – Potential Barriers and Wrap Up
Format: Interactive, online discussion with career professionals. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings, and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and remain open for 1 week. You may log in and post at any times convenient for you. We only ask that you please post your initial response by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday so that the discussion can continue for the entire week.
- All assignments must be completed on time
- All participants must actively participate in the weekly discussions online, posting and replying to at least one other person
- End of seminar paper
- Technology requirements: Internet access, ability to read MS Word documents & Adobe PDF files, ability to view video (primarily using YouTube)
ASSESSMENT OF COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- Evaluation will be made of the quality of the discussion in the class. All participants will post in each forum discussion. Participants are expected to be active in the online exchange of information, perspectives, and experiences.
- Must reply to at least one other person in the seminar in each discussion
Final paper due within two weeks of completion of the class.
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- If you cancel, and have paid thru PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.