I heard an interview with Maria Shiver and was so impressed with her commitment to meditation, mindfulness, and a search for a meaningful life that I had to buy the book. It really has been everything I had hoped for:
- reason and rationale for mindfulness
- hope to the future
- acknowledgment of what is important (family and yourself)
- advice on how to live a fulfilling life
- perspective…on so many things
- finding your purpose and then going for it
- and so much more.
I loved how each chapter begins with an inspirational quote and ends with a prayer. I am no longer a practicing Catholic but I appreciated that her prayers are to God but also to whatever your higher being is.
If you are looking for something to uplift you and give you hope for the future…read this book.
Realize deeply that this present moment is all you really have.
Leave a Reply