In this class, we will explore the concept of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) using Reuven Bar-On’s model of Emotional Intelligence: EQ-i 2.0. By developing a greater understanding of your own EQ strengths and opportunities, you will be able to apply them to your work as a career practitioner.
The class is interactive and includes online discussions with other career practitioners, as well as a podcast to introduce the EQ-i 2.0 model. You will take active steps to “boost” your own Emotional Intelligence, and also recognize those elements in others.
Finally, you will describe how you will integrate Emotional Intelligence into your career development work. Short readings and videos will be provided as part of the course.
INSTRUCTOR: Edythe Richards
Watch this short video with the instructor:
Bonus! For an additional $125, you may take the EQ-i 2.0 assessment and receive a half hour coaching appointment with Edythe. The assessment alone – which includes 20 pages of personalized data – is valued at $250+.
“Before enrolling in this seminar, I had a vague idea of what emotional intelligence was but didn’t realize there were so many components to it. I am now able to point to a specific element (e.g., emotional expression, stress tolerance, interpersonal relationships, empathy) and categorize where I might fit on the spectrum. In turn, this will help me better serve my clients who are primarily refugee and immigrant medical professionals.
Edythe is clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about emotional intelligence. She sparked great conversations to get us thinking and asked excellent follow-up questions to our discussion posts that challenged preconceived notions and helped us identify EQ components that may not have been readily apparent.”
Carrie Miller, Program Manager at Spring Institute’s Colorado Welcome Back program
“I have taken each of Jim Peacock’s online workshops and enjoyed the excellent content and information. I jumped on the opportunity to take the new Emotional Intelligence (EQ) workshop, led by Edythe Richards. Edythe was highly knowledgeable and provided excellent feedback to deepen my understanding of EQ. I left with a view about the elements of EQ and ways to identify aspects of EQ when I observe them. Great feedback and interaction. I highly recommend these workshops.”
Karol Taylor, Federal Career Consultant
Date(s): Feb 3–Mar 9, 2024
Instructor: Edythe Richards
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: 15 hours
Recertification hours: Peak-Careers is an NCDA approved provider. Also meets CCE approval for GCDF
Course Fee: $419
Limited to 10 to produce the best online discussions
Learning Objectives. Each participant will be able to:
o Describe the 16 elements of the EQ-i 2.0 model.
o Identify low, mid, and high-range elements of EQ within themselves.
o Describe steps to take to “boost” low-range elements.
o Identify low, mid, and high-range EQ behaviors in clients/students.
o Name at least three steps to recommend to clients to boost low-range elements.
o Describe how they will integrate Emotional Intelligence into career development work.
- Week 1: Introduction and overview of Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Week 2: EQ Self-assessment
- Week 3: Deep Dive: Self-Perception, Self-Expression, and Interpersonal composites
- Week 4: Deep Dive: Decision-Making and Stress-Management composites
- Week 5: Well-Being/Putting it all together: integrating Emotional Intelligence into practice
Format: Interactive, online discussion with career professionals. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings, and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and remain open for 1 week. You may log in and post at any times convenient for you. I only ask that you please post your initial response by 12 pm EST on Tuesday so that the discussion can continue for the entire week.
- All articles, links to videos and podcasts, and instructions for taking the assessment will be provided.
- Must have internet access with the ability to read MS Word and Adobe PDF documents, the ability to view videos on YouTube, and the ability to listen to mp4 audio files.
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- If you cancel, and have paid thru PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.