This seminar explores the factors, career development methods, and insights related to the career practitioners’ efforts to improve the transition process of justice-involved citizens into the world of work and non-offender living.
INSTRUCTOR: Bret Anderson
Date(s): March 25 – April 29, 2023
Instructor: Bret Anderson
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: 15 hours
Recertification hours: Peak-Careers is an NCDA approved provider. Also meets CCE approval for GCDF
Each participant will be able to:
- Explain the difference between the primary systems of incarceration; Jails, Prisons, Pre-trial/Probation, and Parole
- Analyze the human effects related to exposure and participation in one or more of these systems of incarceration
- Scrutinize the psychosocial influences related to exposure and participation in one or more of these systems of incarceration
- Ascertain the appropriate formal and informal career assessment theory and tool or tools to improve career outcomes for this population
- Apply the knowledge gained from evaluating and discovering the factors, methods, and insights
Week Zero: Log into the online Learning Management System and to ensure they are comfortable navigating the webpage.
Week 1: Exploration of the systems of incarceration within your local jurisdiction
Week 2: List and review the barriers derived from justice-involved experience with the systems of incarceration. Listing and describing the psychosocial barriers that affect career transition
Week 3: Deciding and utilizing structural and developmental career assessment tools and theories
Week 4: Case study analysis and outcomes
Week 5: Capstone insights and practitioner application
Interactive online seminar in discussion boards with career professionals like you. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and are open for 7 days. You may log in and post discussions at times convenient to you. I only ask that you post initially each week by Wednesday so that the discussion can continue all week.
- All assignments must be completed on time
- All participants must actively participate in the weekly discussions online, posting and reply to at least one other person(Minimum of 10 discussions in the 5 week period)
- REACTION PAPER: Due within 2 weeks of completion of the online portion of the class
Must have Internet access with the ability to read Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files and ability to view video (primarily YouTube videos).
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- If you cancel, and have paid thru PayPal, Venmo, or our Quickbooks invoice, we will refund you minus their fees
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.