This online seminar (formerly known as Integrative Life Planning) explores working with students / clients who want work that has meaning or serves a purpose in their lives. Many people want to have employment that also aligns with their values and allows them a balance in their lives in a holistic way.
Simply “connecting the dots” using trait-factor theory does not work for everyone. We will use a variety of activities and discussions of various articles & blogs to explore ways to help our clients/students find “work that needs doing.”
INSTRUCTOR: Jim Peacock
“I enjoyed the course and thought that each week added a different issue to explore. I liked all of the readings, and they were new to me. It was extremely helpful to complete the exercises. I learned a great deal from all of the materials.”
-Eileen Davis – Finding Purpose OLS Spring 2016
Instructor: Jim Peacock
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours:15 contact hours. CCE approved for GCDF and meets BCC requirements for recertification
Course Fee: $419
Limited to 10 career service providers to produce the best online discussions
View Upcoming Courses
Each participant will be able to:
- Describe the six Critical Tasks in Integrative Life Planning (ILP) theory
- Describe Supers five life and career developmental stages
- Complete Richard Leider’s Purpose Checkup and describe how they would use with a client
- Identify at least three tools available to clients to help them in exploring their own career maturity
Week 1: Introduction of Dr. Sunny Hansen’s Integrative Life Planning (ILP) theory
Week 2: Super’s Developmental Theory
Week 3: Richard Leider’s Purpose work and how this can be integrated in your practice
Week 4: Variety of other articles, TED Talks, and resources that look at holistic career coaching
Week 5: Pulling it all together / integrating into your practice / Case studies
Interactive online seminar in discussion boards with career professionals like you. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and are open for 7 days. You may log in and post discussions at times convenient to you. I only ask that you post initially each week by Wednesday so that the discussion can continue all week.
All articles / resources will be provided in the seminar.
Read the all assigned articles (provided in seminar); participate in online discussions; write final paper describing how you will apply what you have learned in your current job.
Must have Internet access with ability to read Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files and ability to view video (primarily YouTube videos).
- *For Credit Card purchases only. Due to changes in PayPal’s User Agreement where-by PayPal still charges me their ~3% fee when refunding, the refund will be subtracted from your refund.
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Payment in full is due at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing, email is preferred.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before seminar begins will result in $50 fee. The remaining amount will be sent to you within 2 weeks from receipt of cancellation request.
- Cancellations once seminar begins – no refund.