This seminar explores the factors, career development methods, and insights related to the career practitioners’ efforts to improve the transition process of justice-involved citizens into the world of work and non-offender living.
INSTRUCTOR: Bret Anderson
Instructor: Bret Anderson
Participation: 5-week commitment
Contact Hours: ** Now approved by CCD for 15 hours for GCDF **
Course Fee: $419
Limited to 10 career service providers to produce the best online discussions
View Upcoming Courses
Each participant will be able to:
- Explain the difference between the primary systems of incarceration; Jails, Prisons, Pre-trial/Probation, and Parole
- Analyze the human effects related to exposure and participation in one or more of these systems of incarceration
- Scrutinize the psychosocial influences related to exposure and participation in one or more of these systems of incarceration
- Ascertain the appropriate formal and informal career assessment theory and tool or tools to improve career outcomes for this population
- Apply the knowledge gained from evaluating and discovering the factors, methods, and insights
Week Zero: Log into the online Learning Management System and to ensure they are comfortable navigating the webpage.
Week 1: Exploration of the systems of incarceration within your local jurisdiction
Week 2: List and review the barriers derived from justice-involved experience with the systems of incarceration. Listing and describing the psychosocial barriers that affect career transition
Week 3: Deciding and utilizing structural and developmental career assessment tools and theories
Week 4: Case study analysis and outcomes
Week 5: Capstone insights and practitioner application
Interactive online seminar in discussion boards with career professionals like you. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and are open for 7 days. You may log in and post discussions at times convenient to you. I only ask that you post initially each week by Wednesday so that the discussion can continue all week.
- All assignments must be completed on time
- All participants must actively participate in the weekly discussions online, posting and reply to at least one other person(Minimum of 10 discussions in the 5 week period)
- REACTION PAPER: Due within 2 weeks of completion of the online portion of the class
Must have Internet access with the ability to read Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files and ability to view video (primarily YouTube videos).
- *For Credit Card purchases only. Due to changes in PayPal’s User Agreement where-by PayPal still charges me their ~3% fee when refunding, the refund will be subtracted from your refund.
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Payment in full is due at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing, email is preferred.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in $50 fee. The remaining amount will be sent to you within 2 weeks from receipt of the cancellation request.
- Cancellations once seminar begins – no refund.