Twitter and Facebook often get overlooked as professional social media sites by job seekers and some career practitioners. Other sites like Instagram and Pinterest often aren’t even on the short list of those looking to advance their careers.
This “hidden gems” course not only explores those “other” sites, but dives into detail about specific ways to use Twitter and Facebook for career development and job searching.
Most career practitioners already advise students and clients to use social media to connect with people and search for jobs, but are you aware of:
- Four other major purposes of being actively engaged on social media for careers besides job searching?
- Twitter chats in a variety of career fields, and professional hashtags to follow?
- Finding jobs and internships on Twitter posted by individuals?
- Promoting personal brands on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest?
This course will take a deep and wide view of social media, going well beyond profile best practices. Besides the importance of having an effective profile, we’ll cover:
- Tips for networking, branding, researching, sharing information and finding jobs on social media
- Tools and tricks of being actively and effectively engaged on social media sites to build networks and advance careers.
- Using social media sites in an integrated way, leveraging Twitter and Facebook not just as stand-alone strategies but in partnership with LinkedIn
The target audience for this course is any career practitioner who advises students or clients about advancing their careers, from the early stages of planning and assessment to job searching. Career practitioners working with any age group in any advising setting (e.g., private practice, colleges, schools, government, non-profits) will benefit from this course.
INSTRUCTOR: Rich Grant, GCDF
Instructor: Rich Grant, GCDF
Participation: 4-week commitment
Contact Hours: 10 contact hours
(This is our only seminar not officially approved by CCE but it does meet the technology competency for GCDF)
Course Fee: $359
Limited to 10 to produce the best online discussions
View Upcoming Courses