- Have you thought about going out on your own?
- Does the fear of not being successful hold you to a job you outgrew?
This 5-week seminar will help you with information on how to start and grow your business, the time commitment required, defining your niche, and more. We will have weekly half-hour zoom presentations and Q & A for each competency. Also included is a 30-minute individual session at the end of the seminar.
How this works: This is 95% asynchronous. People will log in each Saturday to see new readings, video’s etc…and then there will be online discussions throughout the week. Discussions will go through Friday evening and then Saturday, new topics will be introduced.
We will have a half-hour live-zoom on the following days. (Eastern Time Zone)
Wednesday February 9th 7:00 – 7:30pm
Wednesday February 16 7:00 – 7:30pm *Monday February 21st 7:00 – 7:30pm
Wednesday March 2nd 7:00 – 7:30pm
Wednesday March 9th 7:00 – 7:30pm
We will present and discuss the topic of the week in the seminar. These will be recorded for those who can not attend at that time.
INSTRUCTORS: Jim Peacock and Mark Danaher
All participants will be able to:
- Describe the importance of knowing your expertise and be able to articulate it
- Describe their ideal customer
- List at least 3 tasks that should be addressed when beginning
- Define what branding is and how to use that in Marketing
- Describe how to grow your audience
- List at least 5 people, agencies, or resources to support your coaching business
Week 1 – Who Am I? Who is my customer?
Week 2 – Getting Started
Week 3 – Taking Branding to Marketing
Week 4 – Growing Your Audience
Week 5 – Identifying Your Support / Wrap up
Format: Interactive, online discussion with career professionals. Participants will have weekly assignments, readings, and discussions. Assignments open on a Saturday and remain open for 1 week. You may log in and post at any times convenient for you. I only ask that you please post your initial response by 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday so that the discussion can continue for the entire week.
- All assignments must be completed on time
- All participants must actively participate in the weekly discussions on line, posting and replying to at least one other person
- End of seminar paper: Your 90-day plan to move forward in your coaching business
- Technology requirements: Internet access, ability to read MS Word documents & Adobe PDF files, ability to view video (primarily using YouTube)
ASSESSMENT OF COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- Evaluation will be made of the quality of the discussion in the class. All participants will post in each forum discussion. Participants are expected to be active in the online exchange of information, perspectives, and experiences.
- Must reply to at least one other person in the seminar in each discussion
Final paper due with in two weeks of completion of class.
- Payment is due in full at least one week prior to seminar beginning unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be in writing via email.
- Full refunds (minus a 3% PayPal fee for credit card payments) will be issued for cancellations requested at least a week in advance.
- If Peak-Careers cancels the seminar, a full refund will be granted.
- Cancellations less than 1 week before the seminar begins will result in a $50 fee.
- No refunds will be granted for cancellations once the seminar begins.
- Refunds will be issued within 2 weeks from the cancellation request date.